Monday, July 2, 2012

Life is a Maze

It's a blessing to have a few minutes to breathe this summer.

When school let out, I had a few of those "Oh, thank God, I can actually relax," days. Until I was told "No, you need to get a job."

I'm not going to say I wasn't mad. Because I was. As spoiled as it may sound, when I decided to run for Texas DECA office (which I won, back in April, thanks very much), there was a kind of mutual unspoken promise between myself and my parents that they wouldn't heap anything else onto my plate. With Scarborough (that has now come to an end with a tear filled, amazing closing weekend), school (and now summer school), DECA and friends, it was a miracle if I got 5 or 6 hours of sleep.

Well. So much for that.

So, here's to my new job as a waitress at a local BBQ joint. Sure, I have to wear the same tee shirt every day. But I make it my own (teased hair and all).


And to finding a few spare hours to dress up and go out with the best friend of almost 8 years (so weird to think it's been that long since I started in the public school system!).

Dress from H&M, Necklace and belt from Forever 21

I still have my moments to be a closet fashionista, at least. If I were stuck in the same jeans and tee shirt every day at work, I'd probably die of boredom! 

Pinterest has also captured my attention as of late. I'll admit-I've found myself endlessly scrolling though peoples boards in the wee hours of the morning after I get off work. You can find my boards here

The last thing I have to fangirl about at the moment is the recent release of Disney's Brave, which I saw the Saturday after it came out.

I will freely admit that when asked what I would want my medieval dress to look like should I go to a medieval faire (earlier period than renaissance), I said "look at anything from Brave." 

Being that I'm a huge history nerd (no shame), I dragged le best friend to see this. The theatre we were at actually had one of their employees-poor girl-dressed up in a dark velveteen dress, with her hair dyed bright red, holding a bow and arrow and posing for pictures with small children who were also there to see the movie. Being that I spend 16 days a year in 100 degree heat in full Scottish garb, I expressed my sympathy to her as we passed, and asked if she felt like a character at Disneyland yet.

I absolutely adored the movie. It was a little slow paced towards the end, but the ideals and the plotline was well thought out, and the accents were AWESOME.

I will admit, I fangirled quite a bit as we left. Best friend even cried.

That's all for now. I expect there'll be more later on this week.


Toodaloo for now.


Holly

Title lyrics C/O "The Show" by Lenka.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...